PyPanel is a lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C for X11 window
managers. It can be easily customized to match any desktop theme or taste.
PyPanel works with EWMH compliant WMs (Openbox, PekWM, FVWM, etc.) and
is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2.
Some of the customizable features include:
- Transparency with shading/tinting
- Panel dimensions, location and layout
- Font type and colors with Xft and shadow support
- Button events/actions
- Clock and workspace name display
- System Tray (Notification Area)
- Application Launcher
- Custom Application Icons
In order to run PyPanel, you'll need the following (exits on the left):
- Python 2.2 or later
- Python X Library 0.12 or later
- Imlib2 1.1.1 or later
Additional information can be found in the 'README' file distributed
with the source.
Version 2.4 will be the last release of PyPanel. I've added a section for patches
and will continue to post them as they are submitted.